Last updated Sunday, April 5, 2020
Even with schools closed to prevent the spread of coronavirus, educators across Alabama continue to help students prepare for life after high school.
Alabama Possible compiled this list of resources to support counselors and other educators during this transition time. Many of the linked resources are continuously updated so make sure to bookmark them!
Please let us know what we can do to partner with your school in order to promote a college-going culture during school closures. Comment below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Información y Recursos en Español – información sobre COVID-19 de parte de ¡HICA!
- Información y Recursos en Español – información sobre COVID-19 de parte de UAB
- Alabama Possible’s Navigating College Counseling, FAFSA, and the Admissions Process During COVID-19 webinar – This video includes updates from high school counselors, college admissions and financial aid offices, and the Alabama State Department of Education as of 03/30/20.
- Alabama State Department of Education Updates – This webpage serves as a timeline of the department’s communications around COVID-19.
- How the Education Field is Responding: A Roundup of COVID-19 Resources – This blog post is a comprehensive list of resources compiled by the National College Attainment Network. This blog post includes articles, updates, webinars, and communication templates. We’ve linked some of the most important resources below.
- CollegeGreenlight.com: COVID-19 Counselor Resource Kit – This kit is intended to update the admissions and advising community about available resources, opportunities, information, and updates to better assist and inform students and their families.
- Communication Options for Working With High School Students – This list of tools gives options for working with students remotely.
- Southern Regional Education Board COVID-19 Resources – This webpage contains resources for educators, districts, and states.
- The Coronavirus Is Upending Higher Ed. Here Are the Latest Developments – This article discusses policy developments including financial aid, entrance exams, and study abroad.
- How the Government is Responding to COVID-19 – This article from the National College Attainment Network notes important federal education policy updates, mostly related to financial aid.
- College-Going Culture in a Digital Era – A report by the Pullias Center for Higher Education, University of Southern California
- How Is Technology Addressing the College Access Challenge? – A report by the Pullias Center for Higher Education and Get Schooled, see pages 10-23 for online tools
- Meeting Students’ Basic Needs and Keeping Them Enrolled During COVID-19 – on demand
- School Counseling From a Distance: Supporting Students During COVID-19 – on demand
- Student Loan Repayment Options During the Coronavirus Pandemic – on demand
- COVID-19 and Federal Student Aid: What We Know – on demand (free 2-week membership trial)
- COVID-19 and Federal Student Aid: What We Know Follow-Up – on demand (free 2-week membership trial)
- What You Need to Know About the CARES Act – on demand
- What College Admissions Professionals Want You to Know: Advice for School Counselors and Access Advisers During COVID-19