About Alabama Goes to College
Alabama Goes to College equips Alabamians with tools and connects them to relationships so that every student can plan for, pursue, and complete valuable postsecondary credentials. Most career pathways require postsecondary credentials, including technical certificates and academic degrees. Alabama Goes to College provides resources for students and families to explore college options, find financial aid resources, and successfully transition from high school to college.
About the role
The Educator Advisory Council serves to provide input on the planning, strategy, and facilitation of Alabama Goes to College’s programming throughout the school year. Council members must serve a full term from late August 2022 to late May 2023. The purpose of the council is to:
- Assemble a diverse group of stakeholders—high school educators, counselors, career coaches, and support staff—representing a range of geographies (i.e., all seven workforce regions), races, ethnicities, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Offer a forum for stakeholders to communicate their opinions and share their expertise related to postsecondary access and success initiatives
- Convene stakeholders for the purpose of improving programming and strategic collaboration
- Develop familiarity with the components of the Alabama Goes to College Campaign
- Actively participate in five  virtual advisory council meetings throughout the school year
- Co-lead one of four  virtual, statewide community-building conversations with peer educators
- Facilitate introductions to potential partners and collaborators
- Promote resources and events to students and families and inform peer educators of professional development opportunities
- Strong commitment to educational equity and postsecondary access and success
- Demonstrated history of leadership in supporting students on their postsecondary pathways
- Council members will receive a $500 stipend distributed across two payments.
- Council members must complete a full term of service to receive both stipends.
Termination of membership
- Any advisory council member may resign at any time by giving notice to Alabama Possible’s Executive Director, Chandra Scott (email@example.com)
- An advisory council member may be removed from the advisory council at any time by vote of a majority of the current members
Applications for the 2022-23 school year are open! APPLY HERE by Monday, August 15th at noon. Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Educator Advisory Council”
2021-22 Educator Advisory Council Members