Cash for College Strategy Manager
Alabama Possible seeks a strategy manager who will be responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, and completion of AP’s statewide “Cash for College” FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion initiative.
“Cash for College” is a statewide campaign to boost FAFSA completion by Alabama high school seniors, with a particular focus on assisting low-income, minority, and first-generation college-going students in applying for college financial aid. Emphasis will be put on the Bold Goals Education region, which includes Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker Counties.
Alabama Possible seeks to fill this position with an independent contractor who will work approximately 20-30 hours per week beginning in December 2015 and running through May 2016.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Provide research support and develop and implement tools and resources to support the work of an emerging Cash for College FAFSA completion network.
- Prepare written communication, including producing reports, presentations, online communication, and other publications.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including the Alabama State Department of Education, local school leaders, college and university administrators, and the Bold Goals Coalition.
- Provide event planning and management support.
- Provide technical assistance to FAFSA completion sites.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Understanding of systems leadership and demonstrated ability to foster collective leadership across institutions and sectors.
- Planning and organizational skills, including project management.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions with limited direction.
- Creativity and innovative thinking skills.
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years full-time, professional work experience. Masters degree in education, counseling, or related field strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with organizations that provide college access and success services to historically underrepresented students and have delivered/designed programs that offer effective FAFSA completion services. Experience managing FAFSA completion strategies among many partners is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, including an ability to process data that informs continuous improvement teams.
- Team orientation with strong work ethic.
- High levels of resourcefulness, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings and travel throughout Alabama as necessary.
- Access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license, and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Complete and pass all background checks and security clearances.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter which describes your qualifications and strengths as they relate to the requirements of the position and your compensation expectations to email@example.com by November 30, 2015. Use the subject line Cash for College Strategy Manager.