Alabama Possible is seeking to hire a qualified individual to serve as a part-time poverty simulation coordinator based in Birmingham.
Poverty is not a game. It’s everyday life for the 900,000 Alabamians, including 300,000 children, who live below the federal poverty line.
The poverty simulation coordinator will work together with Alabama Possible’s executive director to execute logistics, facilitation, and engagement of Alabama Possible’s poverty simulation program. The poverty simulation is a unique, interactive experience that facilitates understanding of the challenges faced by individuals in our community who are living at or below the poverty level. The simulation increases participants’ understanding of both the hardships and emotional toll experienced by low-income families, as well as common barriers to achieving self-sufficiency.
• Orchestrating smooth implementation of the simulation
• Managing the simulation calendar
• Coordinating with simulation hosts regarding participation, volunteers, and facility set up
• Maintaining materials for promotion, registration, and follow-up
• Owning the set-up and clean-up of the simulation kit
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft Office
• Able to lift 50 pounds
$15/hour – approximately 10 hours/week To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Include an unofficial transcript if you are currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school.