This position has been filled as of October 8, 2020.
Since 1993, Alabama Possible has broken down barriers to prosperity in our state through education, collaboration, and advocacy. We have a position of great opportunity in our next executive director who can build upon and grow our statewide success in cultivating a college-going culture and reaching equitable educational attainment.
The full job description is available by clicking here.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
• Local, state, or federal advocacy experience;
• Demonstrated ability to connect with individuals of all political backgrounds;
• Understanding of poverty in Alabama and its causes;
• Demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, inclusion, and diversity;
• Ability to think strategically;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of professional leaders;
• Ability to inspire students, donors, and collaborators;
• Exceptional speaking and writing skills;
• Demonstrated success in leading a team of diverse individuals; and
• Significant experience in nonprofit management.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a one-page letter of interest addressed to the Alabama Possible Search Committee to AlabamaPossibleDirectorSearch@gmail.com starting on Tuesday, August 18 through 5 p.m. on Friday, September 18. Any questions may also be submitted to that email address. Receipt of your materials will be confirmed via email. Confidentiality of applicants and their submission materials will be maintained throughout the entire search process.
The search committee expects to interview final candidates the week of September 21 and extend an offer by September 25, 2020.
Press release: Kristina Scott leaving Alabama Possible