Congratulations on taking steps to continue your education after high school.  

Now make sure you that you don’t leave money on the table to pay for it. 


The first step is completing your financial aid form, or FAFSA.  Most Alabama high school seniors qualify for Pell Grants of up to $6,345. Pell Grants do not need to be paid back and can be used at both academic and technical education at two- and four-year colleges and universities.


How can I pay for college?  


What is the FAFSA?  


I need help completing the FAFSA!   



I submitted my FAFSA. Now what?   

  • Check our blog post with steps to take after filing your application.
  • Review your Student Aid Report and make necessary corrections.
  • Check to see if you were selected for verification. If you were selected for verification, it does not mean you did anything wrong.  It just means that your college’s financial aid office must confirm some of the information on your financial aid form. You will probably need to submit additional documents to verify what’s on your FAFSA.
  • Need to update the information you submitted? Some information can be updated on the application. Other information should be updated through the Financial Aid Office of the school you plan to attend. 
  • Got your financial aid package from your school but need to request a change? Check out SwiftStudent, a tool that helps you write a financial aid appeal letter.


Other College Resources