Join an Alabama College Campaign workshop to prepare your school’s team to increase the completion of college applications and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Workshops are presented by Alabama Possible’s Cash for College campaign and the Alabama State Department of Education. Professional development credit hours are available.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Registration/Check-In for each workshop begins at 8:30 am and the training is from 9 am to 12:00 pm. Light refreshments included.
Thursday, August 16 at Calhoun Community College Decatur Campus REGISTER HERE!
Friday, August 24 at Southern Union Community College Opelika Campus REGISTER HERE!
Dates and Locations to be determined soon for West and South Alabama in August 2018.
About the Workshops
Your efforts make a difference in strengthening college access in Alabama! During the 2017-2018 school year, Alabama had the fourth highest increase nationally for FAFSA completion. Let’s build on that success!
This training is for counselors, career coaches, financial aid officers, admissions representatives, and other educators, administrators, and community partners to gain the latest updates, information, and tools to strengthen college access. We encourage your school to attend in teams. Participants will learn:
- Latest resources and best practices to successfully participate in the Alabama College Campaign to increase the number of high school seniors completing college applications and the FAFSA
- Important updates on financial aid
- How to plan a College Signing Day event
- Communications best practices for outreach and engagement
- Tools to build a campaign plan
Professional development credit hours are available for high school educators on the STIPD site under section number SDECT0164. Please register for the training on the STIPD site to receive credit.
Alabama College Campaign Webinar
If you can’t make an in-person training, please join us at an upcoming webinar!
- Intro to the 2018-2019 Alabama College Campaign webinar on Thursday, September 6 at 9:00 am. Register here!
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com.